What can I add to my popcorn to make it taste better?
Savory Popcorn Toppings
- Italian seasonings (oregano, fennel, red pepper flakes, marjoram, and basil) with olive oil.
- Curry powder (red or yellow) with coconut oil.
- Lemon-pepper and butter.
- Garlic powder and butter or olive oil.
- Rosemary, thyme, and sage with olive oil.
- Jerk seasoning and coconut oil.
4 июн. 2013 г.
How do you make microwave popcorn more buttery?
- Melt 1-2 tablespoons of butter (more if you’re a butter-head).
- Fill a clean paper lunch bag half-way with your popped popcorn.
- Drizzle your melted butter along the sides of the half-filled bag, fold over the top, and shake vigorously for at least 30 seconds.
How do you freshen popcorn in the microwave?
Make stale potato chips, popcorn or pretzels crispy again by microwaving 2-cup amounts in paper napkin-lined bowl on high (100 percent) power 20 to 60 seconds or until warmed.
How can I doctor up popcorn?
Spritz on some coconut oil or melted butter and then sprinkle the popcorn with brown sugar and cinnamon – could throw in a little salt if you’d like. Other great additions would be nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, powdered ginger, or vanilla sugar.
How do you get spices to stick to popcorn?
Spray freshly popped popcorn with Kernel Season’s Spritzer or another butter/oil spray to help the seasoning stick. Generously sprinkle with one capful of seasoning and shake well. Q: Should the popcorn be hot when I sprinkle on the seasoning?
How do you add Flavour to air popped popcorn?
We also love adding spice to the mix, like cayenne pepper, smoked paprika or ancho chile powder. Don’t be afraid to turn your popcorn into a sweet treat, either. Try adding powdered sugar or brown sugar to your popcorn along with warming spices like cinnamon, nutmeg or cloves.
What is the best microwave popcorn?
11 Of The Best Brands Of Microwave Popcorn You Can Buy Right Now
- 11 Orville Redenbacher’s Butter Microwave Popcorn. …
- 10 Act II Butter Microwave Popcorn Butter Popcorn. …
- 9 Pop Secret Popcorn, Butter. …
- 8 Jolly Time Popcorn Blast O Butter. …
- 7 Skinny Pop Popcorn, Butter. …
- 6 Newman’s Own Popcorn, Butter.
11 янв. 2021 г.
Why is my popcorn chewy?
The main reason popcorn turns out chewy is when steam is locked into the pot or popper. There is already moisture in every kernel. As the kernels heat, that moisture turns into steam, causing them to pop. … And second, using too much oil can also be the reason for chewy popcorn.
What kind of butter do movie theaters use on their popcorn?
Movie theaters use butter-flavored oil, which has a lower water content than butter so it makes popcorn less soggy. Real clarified butter has the same effect.
How do you freshen up old popcorn?
How to Revive Stale Popcorn. The easiest way to refresh leftover popcorn is to toss it in the oven to warm it up and re-crisp it. Simply spread it out in an even layer on a baking sheet and place it in a 250°F oven for about five minutes, until it’s warmed through.
Why is my popcorn not crunchy?
This moisture is locked inside the kernel. As the temperature rises the moisture turns to steam and pressure begins to build. … As the popcorn absorbs moisture, it loses its crispness and it can become chewy.
Can you put popcorn back in the microwave?
Toss the unpopped kernels in a paper bag and pop them in the microwave. It’s important to point out that because they’ve already been exposed to heat, it may not take as much time in the microwave for them to pop.
What is healthy to put on popcorn?
Spice up your popcorn in a healthy way by adding hot sauce or melt a couple of ounces of cheese on your popcorn. You also can try a sprinkle of balsamic vinegar or eat your popcorn with pickles or jalapeño peppers. Make sure to add spices and seasonings and not powders, flavorings or a lot of salt.
How do you add butter to popcorn?
How do you make movie theater butter for the popcorn?
- Put stick of butter in a glass measuring cup. …
- Microwave on high for 30-40 seconds, or until the butter is all melted and foamy.
- Let the butter cool for 1-2 minutes. …
- Take a spoon and skim off as much of the foam on top as you can.
Can you flavor popcorn before popping?
If you can have your flavoring at the ready, wait until the very first kernel pops, and then throw the seasonings on and stir it vigorously into the oil – put the lid back on promptly so you don’t loose the popcorn as the kernels pop.